The brand new English DS handbook 166: A Guide to RDS – Reference Designation Systems is now available for purchase from the Danish Standards Foundation. Click this link or the picture above to go directly to the handbook sales page.
The previous guide in English was from 2010, and a lot of new things have happened since then. You may say that RDS is not static at all, and development is ongoing! So the guide has undergone a complete makeover with a lot of new stuff on RDS / 81346 and we are excited to share it with you.
Highlights in the new 81346 guide are:
- Strong relation to Systems Engineering – how to handle complexity of any design
- How RDS establishes correspondence among documentation of systems
- Description of the new three letter codes from 81346-2 (2017 edition)
- Description and examples of the new Type aspect (prefix %) from 81346-12 (2017 edition)
- Description and examples of the new 81346-12 RDS-CW: RDS for Construction Works
- The new rule for designating properties of systems in the reference designation
- Description and example of determining interfaces among systems
- On the necessity of double TAG – how to map between your RDS and any other TAG
+ Tables for technical objects, spaces and infrastructure
+ Tables for functional system and technical systems in RDS-CW
+ 45 examples and 115 figures to guide you!
+ Free access to the RDS 81346 app Company Premium edition